For as long as I can remember, I have loved to cook. When I was a kid, it was like magic turning basic ingredients into my favorite meal of BBQ Pork Chops and Mac and Cheese. That said, I know many others who are either ambivalent or intimidated by the kitchen. This Pretty Simple Gift Guide – Gifts for Novice Cooks.You can also check our shoppable board on Pinterest.
By now, you might know that I love Mideastern flavors. Ottolenghi’s cookbooks are what are referneced the most in my house. He will have you buying some unique herbs, but its worth it.
- Plenty: Vibrant Vegetable Recipes from London’s Ottolenghi (Hardcover)
- Jerusalem: A Cookbook (Hardcover)
- Ottolenghi: The Cookbook (Hardcover)
Before you become a Master Chef, you have to find your style. What better way than to cook your way through two of the best-selling cookbooks in the modern age?
I have to admit that I am a nerd and love the science of cooking. The second and fourth book is focused on that. The first and third are more focused on pretty and yummy dishes.
- The Kitchn Cookbook: Recipes, Kitchens and Tips to Inspire Your Cooking (Hardcover)
- The Complete Cooking for Two Cookbook: 650 Recipes for Everything You’ll Ever Want to Make (Paperback)
- Cravings by Crissy Teigen
- The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science
I mean, you can’t cook without utensils, right? I have learned that it is worth it to spend a little more and get a higher quality product. Makes more sense to spend $15 once instead of $8 three times.
- Herb Scissors
- Magnetic Cutting Boards and Knife Rack
- Chef’s Knife
- Flex-Core Silicone Spatula with Wood Handle
- Grater and Zester with Long Blade
- Kuhn Rikon Garlic Press
- Mini Silicone Tools, Set of 3
- OXO Citrus Squeezer
With these items, you will be able to make most basic recipes. Make sure that you get a wok, as a stir-fry is a great way to use veggies that are about to go bad and is a quick and inexpensive weekday meal.
- Lodge Logic Skillet
- Lodge 5-Quart Double Dutch Oven
- Cherry Oval Dutch Oven
- Stainless Steel 2-Tier Steamer
- 8″ Halo Copper Nonstick Skillet
- 12″ Silver Non-Stick Wok
- BakerEze Nonstick 10 Piece Baker’s Basics Set
- Metal Nonstick Cookie Sheet
- Double-Sided Cast Iron Griddle
- Cuisinart 8-Cup Food Processor
- Rice Cooker
- KitchenAid® Artisan® Design Series Stand Mixer, 5 qt
- Ninja ®4-in-1 Cooking System
- Threshold Rolling Pin Red – Threshold
- Room Essentials 2 Pack Whisk Set – Room Essentials
- T-Fal AirBake Pizza Pan – 15.75″
- Glass Nesting Bowls 10-Piece Set
- 6-oz. White Ramekin, Set of 4
- Nordic Ware Cookie Scoop
- Chicago Metallic 12 Piece Silicone Baking Cups
- Blue Enamel-on-Steel Roaster with Rack
- Unique Measuring Cups
- Stacking Jumbo Mugs Sets of 6
- Nesting Storage Containers
- Black Gourmet Classic Kitchen Linen Collection
Think that I missed anything? Tried any of these? Please let me know in the comments. Also, please tag your pictures of you using the items #PrettySimpleTreats on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, even Google+ and we will feature you on our social media feeds.
Keepin’ it Pretty & Simple,
P.S. – If you are looking for more inspiration, check out our other 2016 Gift Guides:
- Black Friday Sales
- Herbs and Spices Edition
- Gifts for Mom
- Cyber Monday Edition
- Monti’s Wishlist
- Keanna’s Wishlist
- Gifts for Teachers
This post may contain affiliate links, which gives us a small commission at no extra cost to you. These commissions allow us to pay the various bills to keep our website up.